Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dirty Thirty

Photobucket
Never to old for the kiddie rides. This plane said "ride me" as I walked by. I was disappointed I did not have flying goggles like Snoopy did when he was the Red Baron.



June 15th I made the 30 year milestone. It seems so odd to me most days I really do not feel I am this old, heck I still feel 19 or 20. My actual birthday was an uneventful but good day, noticeably good because this year unlike last year I did not spend my birthday in jail.

Tuesday is my night I am totally free all night long. Now wrrying about having to be home by a certain time for my youngest to come home. I am not normally one to host get togethers but gosh darnit 30 years on the planet it worth celebrating. So I invited some friends out to celebrate with me.

We hit up Moxies where I was pleasantly surprised to find Margarita's were on special, so I had a yummy kiwi Margarita with dinner. It was really good and had real kiwi in it, I highly reccomend it! I also tried the Citrus Fusion Chicken Salad from their summer menu. This was kind of a disappointment for me and I wouldn't have it again. One of my friends and I had a good giggle because another summer menu item was fish Taco's, perhaps my humor is a bit juvenile but I found that funny. I was also surprised with some wonderful gifts, only a surprise because I had let everyone know gifts were not necessary. I got an awesome sexy and single Martini glass, a nice photo album, and a nice picture frame. I love useful gifts so these were really perfect for me. Most of my friends only stayed for dinner but I was happy just to see them so I really did not mind, we really don't see each other enough.

After we were supposed to hit up the comic strip only to find the show had been canceled for the night because no comics showed up. So we wandered around West Edmonton Mall for a while settling in on Baskin Robbins for some icecream. Than we moved on to St. Petes for a little entertainment (totally my choice). Some women get really turned off by exotic dancers but it has never really bothered me, and I give mad props to those girls pole dancing requires some good muscle. I even had a bit of a self esteem booster when I noticed the first dancer had clearly had a child because she had the telltale c-section scar and baby belly. This made me feel better about myself because I have baby belly to and it has been a self conscious thing for me but hey if she can have it out there and be admired than I suppose I can be more forgiving towards myself.

All in all it was a fantastic time and an awesome way to rind in my 30th year.

7 comments:

becomingkate said...

Happy Belated!

Bum Atom said...

St petes
youre a west ender
I think
happy birthday

Tanya said...

Haha not quite, I am a deep south girl.

Deanna said...

I'm glad you had a great time!! My sitter canceled on me at the last moment and I don't even have your number to call you! haha... you and me should hit up a movie or something like that soon!!

SILVER said...

Happy Belated, girl. And really plaeased to hear you had a wonderful time!!

~Silver

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had a great time!

Hope Walls said...

Happy belated! You should post your pics from NCF here!