Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Happy Happy

I am at such a great place in my life right now. I can truly say I am happier than I have been in years and that is not just the anti-depressants talking. I can finally say I am at the point where I no longer love my husband at all. One would have thought with all he put me through that not loving him would be easy but that for me was a big hurdle to cross. With the love gone I can truly say should he try to weasel his way back into my life I will be strong enough to say no. That is a relief. Parenting my boys alone is so easy, who knew it would be so good without criticism. I am getting better at standing up to my husbands abusive behavior and no longer letting it effect me the way it once did.

Now that I have reconnected with my Father we have become quite close and I can honestly say he has been my biggest cheerleader. We talk several times a day. Him without addictions is very refreshing, he is not the person I knew growing up.

My next big hurdle will be the divorce. Whether we go amicably through mediation or to court remains to be seen. Whatever happens I am willing to fight for my rights.

I feel beautiful, free, and full of hope. I think I will soon be able to date again and I think that is a huge step. However I will pay more attention to red flags in future relationships. Now that I have found myself I don't want to be lost again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're in a better place, you truly deserve it! You're one tough chick that'll get through this. Keep this positive attitude and that gorgeous smile on your face and the rest will come.

Princesstefer said...

:D (((hugs)))

Hope Walls said...

Ooooh, Tanya - I hear you loud and clear. I never felt better in my life than right after my divorce, and after reconciling with my father without addictions. Can i be your cheerleader, too???

Tanya said...

Sure the bigger the squad the better!