Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Blessing Of Good Friends

Today I can honestly say I am thankful for good friends. For a while now I have been dreading this thanksgiving. With no one to spend it with except possibly Brandon it was seeming like a very dismal occasion. Admittedly today I was feeling especially sorry for myself about it and was a bit teary. This evening I got a call from a friend inviting me to spend thanksgiving with her and her family. Immediately I was going to decline because they do not live here in the city and getting there would have been a nightmare since I don't drive. Before I could refuse she was telling me not to worry about how to get there, they would come and get me. I feel relieved that I won't have to spend my holiday alone. I feel thankful that without telling her my feelings about spending the upcoming holiday alone this friend just knew. I am incredibly fortunate and blessed to have good people in my life.

No comments: