Yesterday I enjoyed a wonderful thanksgiving with friends. Sometimes we forget how blessed we are to have certain people in our lives, I know I sure did. It was so nice to be included in someones thanksgiving festivities. These friends of mine are truly gems. In addition to family there were a few other folks who like me had nowhere to be for thanksgiving so they opened their home to us, and in essence is that not the bare bones of what thanksgiving really started out as? As much as I craved family connections in the past I have come to terms with the fact those people will never give me what I need, and I accept that. Instead I will celebrate the blessing of other connections in my life, connections I am so grateful for.
Later on in the evening we settled in with some yummy Epicure cheese dip and pita chips and watched "The Happening". One word of advice save your money and leave this one at the video store. A star studded cast does not always make a great movie. Between a poorly written script and some less than stellar acting this movie was a real stinker. But I enjoyed spending the time with my friends nonetheless. Now I wait for Brandon to come home.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I always enjoyed spending Thanksgiving with friends - wasn't until a couple of years ago it became a 'family' thing... weird how time changes things.
Don't get me wrong if the family I have in the city invited me to their gatherings I would definitly go. Until that happens if it ever does I have decided not to dwell on being excluded.
Post a Comment