Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bikini Trimmer Massacre

WARNING: This post will be talking about bikini grooming, if this makes you uncomfortable this is your chance to stop reading.





With the prospect of possibly having to don a swimsuit in public I decided it best to make sure and do some grooming in the bikini area, to ensure I wasn't going to be flashing any hair. I thought what better opportunity to test out my bikini trimmer I had bought a little while back but hadn't yet used.

In theory the bikini trimmer really did seem like a good idea. Having 2 young kids now I don't have the free time I once did pre-kids to sit and give my bikini area the attention to detail I once had. That and I had heard a trimmer was much safer than trying to do things manually because you would have less of a chance of cutting yourself. I had heard waxing was good to but without the money or balls to do that, I decided a trimmer was a worthy purchase.

So Friday afternoon I tested out my pretty pink trimmer. First trying out the epilator which stung a little but worked well, but I could tell it was just going to be way to time consumed. Moved on to the trimmer... ok that seems to work well... Than tried the microshaver, that did not work as well as I had hoped. I am thinking nothing beats a razor or wax. Than I get ambitious and decide I am gonna give my self some full blown grooming.

For the most part it went well until I accidentally after pressing to hard with the trimmer managed to give myself quite a nasty looking scrape. Yup my kitty looks like it has been scratched by a cat. Suddenly waxing is not seeming so scary or dangerous anymore. Lesson for me here is sometimes taking the extra time to do things manually is the better choice. I don't necessarily think the trimmer was a bad purchase but I think next time I try it I may do so when I am not trying to rush... Scratched kitty not so good.

3 comments:

Bum Atom said...

you look great in the pictures, but its hard to comment about a scratched...
I hate the ex today but life's okay

Tanya said...

Well thank you, it has been quite the transformation... one I am happy with. It was superficial but a good lesson for me LOL.

I think we all have days where we hate the ex. ;) Ex's for a reason I guess LOL

Smiley Eyes Photography said...

Poor kitty !