Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

I am just loving the warm weather we have been having the past few days. However with the wind it would be really nice if the city would get the street sweepers out, the sand blowing in my eyes put a definite damper on the sunshine. I can tell spring is here and summer is well on it's way just by the way the fine men of this city are acting and I say fine with dripping sarcasm. I have been noticeably getting gawked at lately. Today I got a few cat calls as I walked South Edmonton Common shopping. My favorite which definitely on my cab ride home. I look over and there is this guy hanging out the passenger side of a truck staring at me, when he sees I have seen him staring he starts trying really hard to get my attention waving and yelling. OK weird because I do not know this person. Than the truck proceeds to match the speed of the cab so he can continue to try to get my attention. I look again and the guy is making a phone gesture and yelling out call me. Umm OK?!?! The cabbie asked if I knew him and I said no and we had a good chuckle. The song "No Scrubs" by TLC came to mind.

1 comment:

Silver said...

You still got it, girl! ;)

I read through some of your older posts- i guess, it must be tough on you and your child.

You're strong!!

smiles,
Silver