Friday, May 22, 2009

Strawberry Chip Muffins

Some muffins I made:

strawberry chip muffins

Strawberry chip muffins

1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup milk ( add a bit more for a moister mix)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chopped strawberrys (I like fresh but frozen is ok to)
1/4 cup white chocolate chips ( semisweet would be yummy to)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oil an 8 cup muffin tin, or use paper liners.
In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, and egg. Beat lightly. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and sugar. Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour. Pour in milk mixture and stir together. Add chocolate chips
Fill muffin cups. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes, or until the tops bounce back from the touch. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.


I have also tried this recipe by subbing half of the strawberries for banana's cut in to chunks, which turned out nice. Overall I think the batter would likely work for any fruit muffin. I like it because it's not to sweet.

2 comments:

Princesstefer said...

cool!! There were strawberries in the We Can food basket this month, and since we get three orders I think that's more strawberries than we can eat before they get fuzzy. Especially since we also got some very ripe bananas that I'd rather not have to freeze.

Christine/ArmyBrat said...

Oh those look yummy! I may have to make a batch myself.